Kentucky Tavern Bourbon Ad Circa 1947

Kentucky Tavern bourbon, “The Aristocrat of Bonds”. I’m not even sure how to interpret this slogan based on what I see in the ad below. I get more confused when I consider how bad the brand is today. If anyone has some insight into this ad let me know. My best guess is that Kentucky Tavern was being positioned as a refined choice among the everyday man. The man who valued friendship, a good smoke and building things with his hands.  You know, an aristocrat. (Not to be confused with the joke of the same name.)

If you liked this vintage bourbon advertisement, please check out our collection of other class ads.