The classes read like my dream college schedule and I know Erin has some great ones picked out as well. We are both especially looking  forward to Evolution of Barrel Aging with Wes Henderson of Angel’s Envy, as well as Women Behind Bars: A Spirited History of Women in the Cocktail World and Cocktail Branches: How We Got From Here to There. Every night there are tastings, parties, and of course the whole beautiful city of San Antonio to explore as well. The special event I am most looking forward to is the Opening Night Party at the beautiful Majestic Theater but I have also been advised by Chris Mac to not miss out on the 80’s themed after party sponsored by The 86 Co. Erin is hoping to report back from Texas Spirits Night, which involves cocktails, food, and a barge ride so I hope to be there as well.

Erin and I look forward to bringing you ongoing pictures and coverage of the event, as well as a few in-depth pieces with new spirits and books to review and information on bourbon-related cocktails trends you will be seeing soon at your favorite bar. Not to mention all the stories we will have to share.  Be sure to follow Bourbon & Banter, Erin, and me (Ginny Tonic) on twitter to see the whole crazy weekend unfold in real-time.

Hopefully not too crazy though. Didn’t think I would have a chance to test out my whiskey festival advice again so soon.

Ginny Tonic

Facebook Twitter

Although Ginny was a late bloomer to the world of drinking she likes to think she’s making up for lost time. She had my first manhattan at the age of 24 and fell in love. Finally, there was a drink she felt cool ordering and actually liked the taste of. Bourbon is her drink of choice and where she geeks out the most, but she honestly enjoys all aspects of drinking. The way it brings people together, the way it combines art, science, and culture, the way a nice drink at the end of the day can make the world seem so much better than it did a few minutes before. When she’s not writing for Bourbon & Banter, she writes for Queen City Drinks and co-hosts two podcasts: an hour long culture podcast called The Charlie Tonic Hour and a shorter all alcohol show called Bottoms Up. She is also the owner and lead guide for Tonic Tours, where they offer small group alcohol-based tours that focus on craft producers as well as hosting classes, tasting and other events.