Known throughout Wisconsin (and now the world) as Whiskeyfellow, Jeff was a late-bloomer to the Wonderful World of Whiskey. At the suggestion of his wife, he started with Scotch and was hooked. He was under the impression that he was happy. A friend asked him several times to try Bourbon, and he eventually gave in, only to fall completely in love with it. Those first steps started him on his #DrinkCurious adventure that led him to #RespectTheBottomShelf. Jeff now relishes many types of whiskeys, ranging from the super-affordable to the super-premium and everything in between. Aside from simply sipping and writing about it, Jeff now enjoys spreading the whiskey gospel by hosting educational tasting events.
Lived in big cities (Miami and Denver) for most of his life until moving to rural Wisconsin, and he wouldn’t trade back the simple life for the world (or even a case of George T. Stagg).
Earned a Bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Wisconsin and an MBA from Regis University.
Didn’t drink whiskey until his 30s (he’s now much older).
Owns Whiskeyfellow LLC, a copywriting and whiskey event hosting agency.
Desert Island Whiskey
George T. Stagg
Elijah Craig Barrel Proof
J. Henry & Sons Patton Road Reserve
Four Roses OBSO
Kentucky Owl Rye (Batch 1)
Auchentoshan Three Wood
“Whiskey is liquid sunshine.”George Bernard Shaw
Jeff’s Recent Posts
- Things To Do In Wisconsin When You’re Frozen (But Not Dead)
- Stagg Jr. – Batch #11 Bourbon Review
- Coppercraft Straight Bourbon Whiskey Review
- Ratings, Ratings, Ratings! But what do they all mean?
- Black Feather American Bourbon Whiskey Review
- Elijah Craig Barrel Proof B518 Review
- Joseph Magnus Straight Bourbon Whiskey Review
- Litchfield Cask Strength Straight Bourbon Whiskey Review
- Join Us for the 2018 #30DaysOfBourbon Challenge
- Aged & Ore’s Duo Glass Review