Fireball Infiltration – Bourbon Podcast #13 Header

Fireball Infiltration – Bourbon & Banter Podcast #14

In Podcast by Patrick "Pops" Garrett and Bob BennettLeave a Comment

The 14th episode of the Bourbon & Banter podcast – Fireball Infiltration - is now available for your listening (and drinking) pleasure. Sit back, grab a pour, and join us in celebrating a whirlwind of breaking news and one-of-a-kind reporting that you only get from Bourbon & Banter.

After the endless supply of breaking news from our last podcast, it took us a little longer to get this one into your rotation. Fear not loyal listeners and bourbon brethren, we’re here just in time to deliver everything from a tip on the perfect mint julep to some surprises regarding major warehouse stores debuting new products.

This month’s Whiskey News covers everything from Sazerac exporting Fireball to China, rapid aging techniques, and the direct-to-consumer advantage for craft distillers. Not to be threatened with legal action, we also take another swipe at South Africa’s recent ridiculousness. With Costco’s new partnership with Barton 1792, we knew Sam’s Club wouldn't be far behind, and we’re here to break that news wide open!

Our cocktail editor Erin Petrey joins us for a new segment to help you up your cocktail game. Her use of SAP56 Canadian Maple Whiskey takes a front seat this month, showcasing a multitude of options to put some natural sweetness in your cocktail.

The craft shoot returns this month with a famed Kentucky distillery rebranding itself. Does the new brand live up to the history of this fabled distillery? You’ll have to listen to find out.

The most electrifying segment in bourbon podcasting closes us out. That’s right…Bourbon Bullshit comes at you with the attitude and honesty you’ve come to expect from Bourbon & Banter. He may be a hall-of-famer, but that doesn’t stop us from going after Stone Cold Steve Austin’s recent Blanton’s flex. Flavored whiskey gets hit right in the…peaches, and a recent story from Inside Edition gets us riled up at what is being perpetrated on consumers.

Bourbon Flavor Wheel & Tasting Mats

Makes the perfect Fathers' Day gift. Click, Download, and Give.
Image

As the most honest podcast in bourbon, we don't pull any punches and we tell it like we see it. If you've been searching for a bourbon podcast that provides honest commentary, to the point information, and doesn't take itself too seriously – welcome home!

Here's a complete breakdown of Episode 14 – Fireball Infiltration:

  • Whiskey News (8:16)
  • Cocktails with Erin Petrey (37:34)
  • Craft Shoot (49:08)
  • Bourbon Bullshit (56:37)

Are you ready? Pour yourself a drink, get comfortable, and listen to episode #14 using the player above or via your favorite podcast player.

Warning: If you're not comfortable with unapologetic, independent thinking, plus a healthy dose of swearing, you might want to skip this one folks. It's recorded at barrel strength with full-throttle banter.

Listen via your preferred podcast player

Listen to the Bourbon & Banter Podcast on Apple Podcasts
Listen to the Bourbon & Banter Podcast on Spotify
Listen to the Bourbon & Banter Podcast on iHeartRADIO
Listen to the Bourbon & Banter Podcast on Google Podcasts

We sure hope you enjoyed episode #14 of the official Bourbon & Banter podcast and that you'll consider sharing it with your friends. We'd love to hear what you think in the comments below or by sending us an email via our podcast email address.

Have a great weekend and remember to stay safe while you're spreading the bourbon gospel and learning to #drinkcurious.

Hey, wait a minute. You have listened to all of our previous episodes, right? If not, head on over to our Bourbon & Banter Podcast page to get caught up.

Podcast Editor / Sr. Contributor |

The fifteen months Bob Bennett spent living in Lebanon, KY, as a child may have laid the groundwork for what would happen years later (something in the water…literally). Originally from Corning, NY, he grew up in a household where happy hour was celebrated every night. Surprisingly, Bennett didn’t start drinking until he was 23 years old. He quickly made up for lost time, gravitating to bourbon as his preferred libation immediately, and proudly filled the bar that was passed down from his father. In the years that followed, not only did he develop a deeper appreciation for bourbon, but began to cherish the opportunity to talk about the spirit he has grown to love. As the Artistic Director for Jazz St. Louis, Bennett has become the unofficial bourbon ambassador of jazz, spreading the gospel of good taste to musicians everywhere. It also helps endear him to the St. Louis community, which is needed, as bleeding Dodger Blue tends to rub those Cardinal fans the wrong way.
Read Bob's full profile.

About the Author

Patrick "Pops" Garrett and Bob Bennett

Facebook Twitter