View Post

Cherry Smash Bourbon Cocktail Recipe

In Cocktails by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

  Christelle Lachapelle is our guest blog contributor today all the way from Voluntown, CT. She’s sharing a refreshing summer cocktail recipe with us that features on of her favorite bourbons, Bulleit. Her “obsession” with bourbon may be relatively new but she isn’t letting that hold her back from learning everything she can and sharing it with your family and friends. Since we’re all about spreading the bourbon gospel here at Bourbon & Banter I’m happy to share Christelle’s recipe with everyone. Have a look and let us know in the comments what you think of the recipe and Christelle’s …

View Post

Basil Hayden’s Bourbon Cocktail Recipe
The Spicy Brown Blinker

In Cocktails by Patrick "Pops" Garrett1 Comment

Basil Hayden’s remains one of my everyday “go to” bourbons when I’m in the mood for something light and spicy. And in the middle of summer that’s more often than not. Knowing that many of you turn to bourbon cocktails when the weather gets hot, I thought I’d share with you a recipe that Basil Hayden’s sent my way a few weeks ago. This one is a twist on not one, but two, classic bourbon cocktails – the Blinker and the Brown Derby and is aptly named  the Basil Hayden’s Spicy Brown Blinker. Louisville’s own Marie Zahn created this recipe …

View Post

Strawberry Beret Drink Recipe by Joel Burton

In Cocktails by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

[box type=”info” border=”full”]Competition Update: We just learned that Joel took 3rd place in the competition. Congrats to Joel and the others for a job well done.[/box] As everyone knows I’m not a big cocktail drinker, but when I do find myself drinking one it’s got to be made from bourbon. So when Four Roses invited me to visit a local St. Louis restaurant to enjoy a new craft cocktail featuring Four Roses bourbon and some small plates I couldn’t resist. Here’s the setup… Local St. Louis bartender , Joel Burton who works at Taste,  recently won the right to participate …

View Post

Wild Turkey Cocktail Recipes – Tax Day Edition

In Cocktails by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

Last week I received an email from the fine folks at Wild Turkey that contained not only some Wild Turkey cocktail recipes, but also the following opening line. Legendary whiskey aficionado Benjamin Franklin once said, “The only things certain in life are death and taxes.” On Tax Day, sit back and enjoy what Uncle Sam simply can’t touch – the smooth taste of bourbon, courtesy of a delicious Wild Turkey bourbon cocktail.  Now . . .  if you owe the government money just have Wild Turkey 101 on the rocks. Those who know their bourbon history realize that Uncle Sam has …

View Post

Wild Turkey Bourbon Drink Recipes

In Cocktails by Patrick "Pops" Garrett1 Comment

Are you still looking for a few Bourbon inspired drink recipes to fuel your Super Bowl party? We’ve got a few Wild Turkey Bourbon drink recipes to share today courtesy of the folks over at Wild Turkey. We haven’t had a chance to test any of these out so let us know what you think if you give one a try. I’m particularly interested in someone trying the Give em the Bird Blitz Recipe since it contains “fig jam”. Here’s to everyone having a great Super Bowl Sunday. Cheers!   Give em the Bird Blitz 1 tablespoon fig jam 1½ …

View Post

The Dark Knight, Wild Turkey & Jimmy Russell

In Cocktails by Patrick "Pops" Garrett6 Comments

About a week or so ago I was fortunate enough to attend a Wild Turkey tasting dinner at Blood and Sand, a St. Louis dining club. The dinner was absolutely amazing. Each course was paired with a different cocktail featuring one of Wild Turkey’s bourbons or ryes.  After 4 stunning courses of food I had consumed at least 5 cocktails with a healthy dose of whiskey in each. To say that I was enjoying myself would be an understatement. Despite how good the food was it wasn’t my favorite part of the evening. The best part was that we were …