Old Forester Bourbon Ad

Old Forester Bourbon Advertisement Circa 1957

In Banter by Patrick "Pops" Garrett12 Comments

I’m a sucker for an advertisement that sells to my sense of entitlement. This Old Forester bourbon advertisement from 1957 does a great job in doing just that. “You’ve earned it…LIVED A LITTLE!” Why yes, I don’t mind if I do. Hehe…

Evidently the pace was pretty darn demanding back in 1957. I wasn’t alive back then to dispute the fact but I have a feeling that today’s pace is a tad bit more aggressive. Does that mean I should have something super special this evening?

Oh hell. Who am I kidding. I don’t need a reason to enjoy my bourbon and neither do you. Here’s to a great weekend of bourbon and banter!

Old Forester Bourbon Advertisement Circa 1957

Comments

    1. Patrick Author

      Same to you Wes! I was drinking bourbon on the patio last night past midnight so technically I had a morning happy hour. Still looking forward to tonight though. Enjoy!

  1. And by the way, that Forster ad reminds me of the show Mad Men, where they earn their bourbon throughout the work shift!