Bourbon & Banter Podcast #35 – Squatting on Bublé

We’re heading into the holidays with excitement following our first ever Bourbon & Banter Community Summit, that is until Bob hears about Michael Bublé’s new whiskey….

Bourbon & Banter Podcast #35 – Squatting on Bublé

The 35th episode of the Bourbon & Banter podcast – Squatting on Bublé - is now available for your listening and drinking pleasure. We’re heading into the holidays with excitement following our first ever Bourbon & Banter Community Summit, that is until Bob hears about Michael Bublé’s new whiskey….

The Bourbon & Banter Community had a fantastic long weekend in Louisville recently at our first-ever Community Summit. Barrel picks, private tours, tasting opportunities, and epic bottle shares are just a handful of the festivities that community members enjoyed. Be sure to sign up for the community to get your chance to participate in next year’s summit!

Speaking of barrel picks, the Bourbon & Banter Single Barrel Group chose some excellent barrels while at Four Roses and Green River recently, which should be coming to us very soon. We’ll keep you all updated as those release dates materialize.

The WHISKEY NEWS takes a look at multiple new distillery projects being announced, including one in an abandoned mine. We’ve seen turkeys, buffalos, butterflies, and countless other animals associated with bourbon. Is it finally time for a canary…from a coal mine?

Old Forrester's 150th anniversary release which was interrupted by the pandemic was released recently, selling out in 14 minutes, for $2,500 a bottle, even while U.S. spirits sales dropped this past year.

The NEW RELEASES spotlight starts with a truly one-of-a-kind release from Wild Turkey, the product of three generations of Russell’s, but with an exceptionally hefty price tag of $450. Barrel Craft Spirits introduces a new 100-proof expression at a much more reasonable price of $60, and New Riff rolls out a pair of eight-year-old whiskeys.

In the era of insanely priced limited editions, we were thrilled to see a ten-year-old Old Overholt rye whiskey announced for $99.99, which is sure to get our attention. Frey Ranch introduces new limited edition American single malt smoke whiskey, and Stilll Austin Whiskey Co. launches their new Bottled-in-Bond Seasonal Series.

Even though they were on vacation, our Bourbon & Banter F.U.C.K.S. team (forensic undercover knowledge seekers) stumbled into some new while in the Colorado mountains that concerns Molson/Coors and their newest acquisition, Blue Run Spirits. Are the butterflies about to be joined by some hummingbirds?

We close the episode with the most honest segment in all of bourbon podcasting…BOURBON BULLSHIT. Bob completely loses his mind, seriously, when he is informed that Canadian singer Michael Bublé has released his own whiskey. Seriously, this segment goes beyond Bob’s disdain for the Norlan pipet. Thankfully he was not recording with an audience or someone might have been hit with flying debris.

We ask the question: if you don’t have anything nice to say, should you say anything at all?

Everything wraps up with Blue Run’s 12 Days of Bourbon, which leaves us asking: REALLY?!

As the most honest podcast in bourbon, we don't pull any punches and we tell it as we see it. If you've been searching for a bourbon podcast that provides honest commentary, to-the-point information, and doesn't take itself too seriously – welcome home!

Here’s the breakdown for Episode #35 – Squatting on Bublé.

  • 16:09          Whiskey News
  • 33:12          New Releases
  • 54:16          Bourbon Bullshit

Are you ready? Pour yourself a drink, get comfortable, and listen to Episode 35 using the player above or via your favorite podcast player.

Warning: If you're not comfortable with unapologetic, independent thinking, plus a healthy dose of swearing, you might want to skip this one folks. It's recorded at barrel strength with full-throttle banter.

We sure hope you enjoyed Episode 35 of the official Bourbon & Banter podcast and that you'll consider sharing it with your friends. We'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below or by emailing us.

Have a great weekend and remember to stay safe while you're spreading the bourbon gospel and learning to #drinkcurious.

Hey, wait a minute. You have listened to all our previous episodes, right? If not, head on over to our Bourbon & Banter Podcast page to get caught up.