Like any exclusive organization, Bourbon Club has a stringent set of rules that each member must follow to maintain their membership status. Here is a list of the current Bourbon Club Rules.
- The first rule of Bourbon Club is don’t talk about Bourbon Club.
- The first is free. After that, you bring a bottle to share. The quality of the proffer is considered one’s application to the club.
- Club members must drink their bourbon neat, on the rocks or with a splash of water. No mixers allowed.
- Never, ever let yourself be without an available stash of bourbon either at work or at home.
- While bourbon is preferred, we will always hold our “brown brothers” (scotch, whiskey and whisky) in high esteem. (But you can’t drink it here.)
- No crying. Some whining may be accepted provided it is brief and contains at least one humorous anecdote.
- No frenching, either.
- Inter-gender ribaldry will not be prohibited or prosecuted; however, it will be graded.
- We hold that the federales, like all govt agencies, is comprised almost entirely of nincompoops. Bourbon Club bourbon is only made in Kentucky. Anything else is whiskey – perfectly acceptable! But still whiskey.
- If someone could bring some snacks occasionally, that’d be good.
- Know your bourbon, but never assume that you know all there is to know about bourbon.
If you are interested in becoming part of the Bourbon Club or want to start your chapter of the Bourbon Club, these rules are a must. And if you feel we’ve missed an important rule that should be added, please let us know but only if over a glass of bourbon.