Kicking Off National Bourbon Heritage Month

National Bourbon Heritage Month 2015

Welcome to National Bourbon Heritage Month
The biggest and baddest month of the year for bourbon lovers.

Unlike other made-up holidays like National Donut Day or International Vodka & Violins Day, National Bourbon Heritage Month is an observance established by the US government back in 2007. Here’s a little background to memorize in case anyone challenges you on the topic.

National Bourbon Heritage Month is an observance in the United States that calls for celebration of bourbon as America’s “Native Spirit”. On August 2, 2007, the US Senate declared September 2007 as “National Bourbon Heritage Month.” The bill, sponsored by Republican Senator Jim Bunning of Kentucky, passed by unanimous consent. The resolution calls for consumers who enjoy bourbon to do so responsibly and in moderation. The bill reinforces the 1964 Act of Congress that declared bourbon “America’s Native Spirit” by celebrating the family heritage, tradition and deep-rooted legacy that the bourbon industry contributes to the United States.

You see? It’s a bona-fide month-long celebration of bourbon. Can you think of a better way to spend the next 30 days? Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }

Free Shipping – Helping Spread the Bourbon Gospel

Free Shipping Image

Next month is National Bourbon Heritage Month. Or as we like to call it – The Best Month Ever.

Once again this year we’ll be celebrating in style with lots of giveaways, special content and special offers on all things bourbon related. More details will be shared on September 1st. But we thought we’d go ahead and announce one of our surprises a few days early to help you prepare for National Bourbon Heritage Month.

We super excited to announce that effectively immediately all items available through the Bourbon & Banter Shop are available with free shipping.  That’s right – all items come with free shipping.

We hope this change will allow more of you to get your hands on some cool bourbon gear to help spread the bourbon gospel. Just to be clear, this is not only for National Bourbon Heritage Month. This is a permanent change.

Stock Up on Bourbon Gear Now

We hope you’ll take advantage of the free shipping and thank you for your continued support.

PS – Shipping is still limited to those in the United States. If you would like to purchase something and live elsewhere please drop us a note via the Contact Us page of the website. We can look at options for shipping to your location if needed.

Comments { 0 }

Summer Maintenance FYI

under_construction_sign_work_computer_humor_funny_text_maintenance_wallpaper_website_web_4752x3168

A quick note to let everyone know that we’re going to be doing some upgrades to our hosting environment over the next few days. Faster server, optimized hosting, etc. Our goal is to deliver an improved experience while switching to a hosting environment with more robust support for our growing community. We apologize in advance for any site issues you may experience as we move things around. We hope things will go smoothly but if it doesn’t at least we warned you. 😉

As for us we’ll be keeping our fingers crossed and our glasses filled with bourbon to take the edge off.

Raise your glass and wish us a swift and pain free migration…Cheers!

Comments { 0 }

Bourbon Curious Book Review

ENTER TO WIN YOUR VERY OWN COPY OF BOURBON CURIOUS! Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }