Bourbon Events – February 2015

February 2015 Bourbon Events Calendar Image

Looking for something to do in February related to bourbon?

At the end of each month we’ll be posting a  summary of what’s coming up the following month so you can begin planning your next bourbon adventure. But don’t be shy. You can come back anytime and visit the Bourbon Events calendar page to make sure you don’t miss a thing. We’ve just started asking folks to share their events with us so don’t worry if there’s only a few things listed this month–the list will grow.

Women Who Whiskey @ Gamlin Whiskey House
Feb 4 @ 7:00 pm
Women Who Whiskey @ Gamlin Whiskey House | Saint Louis | Missouri | United States
Think whiskey is just a man’s drink? Think again! Join us February 4th in the Barrel Room at Gamlin Whiskey House for a Women & Whiskey dinner and pairing event. February’s event features Daniel Fort[...]
Feb 5 @ 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
With its latest “Legends Series” event, the Kentucky Derby Museum features rare bourbons and Buffalo Trace Master Distiller Harlen Wheatley February 5, 5:30 – 7:30 P.M. Hosted by the museum’s “Bourbon Authority” and noted whiskey[...]
Bacon & Bourbon (2nd Annual) @ Memminger Auditorium
Feb 7 @ 6:30 pm
Bacon & Bourbon (2nd Annual) @ Memminger Auditorium | Charleston | South Carolina | United States
   The 2nd annual Bacon and Bourbon, a celebration of two of America’s most sought after flavors. The event, which became an instant favorite among local foodies and bourbon lovers alike, is scheduled for Saturday,[...]
Chocolate & Whiskey Tasting @ Gamlin Whiskey House
Feb 10 @ 7:00 pm
Chocolate & Whiskey Tasting @ Gamlin Whiskey House | Saint Louis | Missouri | United States
Join us for a chocolate and whiskey tasting. The evening will include 4 chocolate and whiskey pairings. Tuesday, February 10, 2015 7 pm $35 per person More info
Buffalo Love @ Buffalo Trace Distillery
Feb 14 @ 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Buffalo Love, a unique dinner featuring Buffalo Trace’s award-winning bourbons and sumptuous cuisine. We’ll delight your senses with food paired with our world-renowned spirits. 6:00 p.m. – Optional Tour. 7:00 p.m.[...]
Texas on the Rocks @ Austin Music Hall
Feb 14 @ 7:30 pm – 10:30 pm
Texas on the Rocks @ Austin Music Hall | Austin | Texas | United States
It’s Valentine’s Day y’all! Get your boots on! and come get your drink on! Thanks to legendary Texas vodka maker Tito Beveridge, and the many who have followed in his bootprints, Texas has become a[...]
Bourbon Classic @ Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts
Feb 20 – Feb 21 all-day
Our 2015 weekend-long event delivers education and entertainment exclusively focused on the Bourbon enthusiast. Hundreds of Bourbon enthusiasts will gather in Louisville, the gateway to all the heritage and innovation of Kentucky’s Bourbon Country, to[...]

Comments { 0 }

Fighting Cock Bourbon Review

Fighting Cock – It Burns Image

Welcome to another installment of our tasting series on lower shelf bourbons. Bourbon & Banter contributor, Thomas Fondano, will be trying out and commenting on bourbons priced under $20. Knowing that not all sub-$20 bourbons will be great, Thomas will be adding a new category to our standard tasting notes – Straight, Old Fashioned or Manhattan  – to see whether a classic cocktail improves on a straight tasting. We hope you enjoy this new series of reviews and hope you’ll help us shape future reviews by letting us know in the comments what sub-$20 bourbon you’d like us to review next.

Today I’m reviewing “the bad boy of bourbon.” These are not my words. From the Heaven Hill website:

The bad boy of Bourbon is bottled at a robust 103 proof, but its 6 years of aging smooth out the feathers real well. Through award-winning packaging and point-of-sale, and a unique and irreverent marketing campaign, Fighting Cock appeals to both male Gen X-ers and serious Bourbon lovers alike.

The “kickin’ chicken” has been a favorite throughout the South for years.

As a male Gen-Xer, I think I’m supposed to hate being a target market. I’m also not a bloodsport enthusiast. But I suppose what’s in the bottle is more important than what’s on the label.

Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }

Bourbon Desktop Wallpaper Collection

Bourbon Desktop Wallpaper Collection Vol 1 Montage Image

Just a quick update to let you know that we’ve finally archived our complete collection of bourbon desktop wallpapers into a single file for easy download. Follow the link below to download all of the images for free. And if you like them, we’d love for you to share the word with other bourbon lovers in your life.

Bourbon Desktop Wallpaper Collection Vol. 1

Comments { 0 }

Bourbontucky Documentary Release Party

Bourbontucky Documentary Logo

Got something a little different for everyone this weekend. We received an email from the folks behind Bourbontucky–a new documentary debuting on DirecTV on January 24th.

Turns out that they’re hosting an exclusive gathering on Tuesday, Jan 20th at a secret speakeasy in Downtown Los Angeles. Guests will get to participate in a guided bourbon tasting and enjoy cocktails from some of LA’s finest bartenders. Guests will also receive free Uber rides to and from the event!

So how do you get yourself on the guest list?

Head on over to their website, read the details and do what they request. (only involves a Tweet)

Learn more about Bourbontucky

Insider Tip: The event is for folks in the LA area only so make sure you fit that requirement. As a reader of Bourbon & Banter we highly recommended that you add #bourbongospel to the tweet as well to make it clear where you heard about event. Trust me, it’s the details that matter. ;)

And if you get to attend please take lots of photos as we’d love to have you write a recap post about the event to share on the blog. Good luck!

Comments { 0 }