Drink American Bourbon Patriot T-Shirt

Bourbon Patriot T-Shirt Full Photo

We’re excited to introduce the next release in our Bourbon Patriot Flag series of products – the Drink American Bourbon Patriot T-Shirt. This exclusive design from Bourbon & Banter is now available for order over at The Medicinal Spirit Society along with a bunch of other great bourbon-related items like glassware, posters and flasks. We hope you swing by and check out the shirt in more detail.

This designed turned out great and we especially love the Heavy Metal color combination that we received last night for review.

If you like the design please share it with your friends and family. It also makes the perfect shirt to wear on Flag Day in June.

Take me to the shirt to check it out!

Comments { 0 }

Bourbon Classic 2015 Recap

Disclaimer: I was invited to attend the Bourbon Classic at no cost to write about it for Bourbon and Banter but I paid for my own hotel, food, and travel costs while there and this review reflects my honest opinion on the event. Thank you.

The 3rd annual Bourbon Classic took place February 20th and 21st and I was lucky enough to be a part of it. Once again this was an extremely entertaining event, attended by bourbon lovers of all kinds; the people who make, people who sell it, people who write about it, people who study it. And of course all of us there were people who love it and drink it; at times to excess, but always with enthusiasm. But enough about my Saturday night, let’s get to the events.

Once again the event kicked off Friday night with a cocktail and small plates competition. This event does a great job of making you feel like you are living in luxury for the night, with food and drink of a caliber I don’t usually get to experience, especially in such quantity. I loved seeing the creativity that the bartenders put into their efforts. In addition to bringing forward some fresh takes on lesser known classic cocktails, such as the Brooklyn Cocktail made with Four Roses Single Barrel, I also admit I kind of fell in love with the Woodford concoction that included beet juice and a dill garnish. I swear it tasted better than it sounds.

The food was amazing, with several of Louisville’s top restaurants trying to out-do each other. In the end the Blanton’s sponsored team consisting of Mixologist Marie Zahn of St. Charles Exchange and Chef Levon Wallace of Proof on Main won for best Classic Dish, Best Classic Small Plate and best pairing of the two. 8UP, who I don’t remember from last year, scored a dual win for best Contemporary Small Plate and Best Contemporary Pairing with Sean Thibodeaux and Chef Jacob Coronado and Isaac Fox of Volare won best contemporary Cocktail. That cocktail by the way should also have one for best name, it was call Noe Foolin’. Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }

Bourbon & Banter 3rd Anniversary

Bourbon & Banter 3rd Anniversary Photo

Today is Bourbon & Banter’s 3rd anniversary. February 21, 2012 is the day I shared my first post with the world–Welcome Fellow Bourbon Lovers–and opened the door to an adventure that has allowed me to connect with bourbon lovers around the world and become part of their bourbon journey. Every year when I look back and reflect on what we’ve accomplished I’m always amazed and greatly humbled. This year I’m feeling extremely grateful as I write this from a hotel room at the Embassy Suites at the Minneapolis airport. Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }

PennyPacker Bourbon Review

Disclaimer: A sample of PennyPacker bourbon was provided to us by Niche Import Co. for this review. I appreciate their willingness to allow Bourbon & Banter to review the whiskey with no strings attached. Thank you.

Happy President’s Day everyone! I thought it fitting to do a review today of PennyPacker bourbon which features one of the most Americana heavy bottle designs that I’ve ever seen. From the brand name, bottle shape and use of vintage fonts–the bourbon is anything but shy when it comes to announcing that it’s an American product. Nothing wrong with that, right? After all, bourbon is a distinctly American product these days.

Would it surprise you to learn that this Kentucky Straight Bourbon was first shipped to Germany for bottling before it made to your local liquor store shelf?

Check out our PennyPacker bourbon review above and learn a little more about this bourbon’s unique journey to Europe decades ago and why you’re now seeing it on American shelves. And of course, we’ll share with you our thoughts on whether or not you should grab a bottle to drink at home and share with friends.

Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }