Bourbon in the Blind | A St. Louis Bourbon Tasting & Dinner

Bourbon & Banter is hosting a St. Louis bourbon tasting dinner on Saturday, May11th at the historic Glen Echo Country Club.  The evening will consist of a tasting of six (6) bourbons in a blind format and a bourbon-inspired gourmet buffet and dessert.

St. Louis Bourbon Tasting & Dinner

20-bourbon-bottles

Bourbon & Banter is hosting a St. Louis bourbon-tasting dinner on Saturday, May 11th at the historic Glen Echo Country Club.  The evening will consist of a tasting of six (6) bourbons in a blind format and a bourbon-inspired gourmet buffet and dessert. Bring your friends and spend the evening learning more about America’s Native Spirit from Bourbon & Banter founder, Patrick “Pops” Garrett, and the Century Bar’s head bartender, Joe Head. The blind-tasting format strips away brand-label prejudice and is the perfect way for bourbon novices and aficionados to experience various bourbons. And since this is a Bourbon & Banter event, there will sure to be some cool bourbon-themed giveaways.

Bourbons:

It’s a blind tasting folks. We’re not sharing what we’ll be drinking but you can rest assured they’ll be great and represent a wide variety of bourbon styles and strengths.

Gourmet Buffet:

The bourbon-inspired buffet will include:

  • Smoked Corn and Bacon Chowder
  • Baby Spinach Salad with Raspberry Herb Vinaigrette, Sharp Cheddar, Potato Straws and Spiced Walnuts.
  • Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes
  • Dry Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Apple Bourbon Glaze
  • Gorgonzola Yukon Gratin Potatoes
  • Flame Grilled Medley of Portabella Mushroom, Asparagus and Roasted Red Pepper

Dessert:

Maple Bourbon Sweet Potato Pie with Old Fashioned Butter Pecan Ice Cream.

We’re excited to have Joe Head from the Century Bar in Dayton, OH joining us for this dinner. Joe and the folks at the Century Bar have done an amazing job in transforming their bar into the top bourbon destination in the state of Ohio. You can check out Joe and learn more about this work in this video that I created after paying them a visit a few months ago. It’s going to be a real treat having Joe as one of our hosts for the evening. Be prepared to have your bourbon IQ doubled, if not tripled.

The evening will begin with a specially crafted bourbon cocktail 5:30 pm in the Bourbon Lounge – a venue within Glen Echo created especially for our event.  At 6:15 pm our tasting program will begin with an introductory overview from Patrick and Joe. From there we will begin tasting bourbons and experience 3 different ones before taking a break for dinner. After our dinner break and some in-depth bourbon banter, we’ll resume our tasting with 3 more bourbon selections.

After we’ve sampled the final bourbon dessert will be served. While everyone is enjoying their dessert, Patrick and Joe will reveal the bourbons and provide additional information about each one and answer questions from the group. Throughout the course of the evening there will also be some bourbon giveaways to keep everyone on their toes.

After dinner we invite you to stick around and enjoy a drink in the Bourbon Lounge and continue the evening’s enjoyment of bourbon and banter. You will be able to order drinks from the Club’s bar throughout the night.

Here’s the bourbon dinner and tasting complete details for your consideration:

What: Blind Bourbon Tasting Dinner

When: Saturday – May 11, 2013 – 5:30 PM

Where: Glen Echo Country Club

Dinner Details: Bourbon-inspired Gourmet Buffet

Bourbons: Blind tasting of six (6) different bourbons representing a wide variety of styles and strengths. Blind tasting format is perfect for bourbon novices and aficionados alike.

Available Seating: Seating is limited so register soon.

Dress Code: Glen Echo Country Club has a dress code that requires business casual or greater for all guests. Please no jeans or shorts.

Cost: $75.00 per person (includes dinner & bourbon tasting)

Additional drinks are available for purchase during and after dinner. Please note that the Club only accepts cash. For those of you that belong to a reciprocal club you can put your beverage purchases on your account directly. The Club does not accept credit cards.

We hope you can join us for this amazing evening of food and bourbon. With only limited seating available I’m sure it will sell out fast. Make sure to reserve your seat and invite your friends. We look forward to seeing you on May 11th!

Did you know that Glen Echo Country Club was founded in 1901 making it the oldest 18-hole golf course west of the Mississippi?  It’s also the only place that’s held an Olympic golf match, earning that honor in 1904.  In fact, you can see the Olympic flag and torch as you approach the front entry of the clubhouse. For those of you interested in learning more about Glen Echo Country Club here’s a brief video that should be of interest.