Patrick “Pops” Garrett
Born in the shadows of the legendary Anheuser-Busch Brewery to parents that rarely drank, Patrick grew up observing drinking culture from the sidelines. He moved to Japan after high school and spent several of his formative adult years immersed in the infamous Japanese drinking culture. After successfully mastering the Japanese art of drink (or survived if you will), Patrick returned to life in the US and still had no clue what bourbon was all about. It was only after he was married and raising his children did he discover his love for bourbon. Upon finding his beverage soulmate Patrick set about finding others that shared his passion for America’s Native Spirit and started BourbonBanter.com. As our Chief Bourbon Drinker (CBD), Patrick is responsible for charting the course of Bourbon & Banter while we pursue our goal of spreading the bourbon gospel across the globe. Should you ever encounter him in a social situation make sure to introduce yourself. You’re sure to find yourself engaged with quality banter and a free glass of bourbon.
Spent a year in Osaka, Japan as a Rotary Exchange student after high school.
Graduated with a Japanese Studies degree from Earlham College.
Didn’t drink whiskey while living in Japan. (wait, what?)
Played lacrosse in college and was given his nickname by the team.
Lives near the Exorcist house in St. Louis.
Desert Island Whiskey
George T. Stagg
Russell’s Reserve Single Barrel
Blanton’s Gold Label
Elijah Craig Cask Strength
Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye
“Bourbon is easy to understand. Tastes like a warm summer day.”Raylan Givens
Pops’ Recent Posts
- Buffalo Trace Introduces Old Charter Oak Bourbon
- Find Us At Whiskey In The Winter 2018
- Rutledge Returns: Why He Left Four Roses, What He’s Been Doing & Where He’s Heading Next
- A Visit to New Riff Distilling
- StilL 630 Experimental Collection Release #13, #14 and #15
- 2018 Parker’s Heritage Collection Review
- Welcome to Bourbon Heritage Month 2018
- Heaven Hill 27-Year-Old Barrel Proof Bourbon Review
- It’s coming…are you ready?
- Whiskey Purchase Influence Poll