And The Award Goes To Bourbon Podcast Episode 10 Header

And the Award Goes To – Bourbon Podcast #10

In Podcast by Patrick "Pops" Garrett and Bob BennettLeave a Comment

The 10th episode of the Bourbon & Banter podcast And the Award Goes To… - is now available for your listening (and drinking) pleasure. Hit the restart button on 2021 by joining us for a super-sized episode complete with everything you need to #DrinkCurious.

This episode brings you the latest whiskey news, including an earth-shattering reveal of a new triple cask product on the way from Buffalo Trace. There's some Bourbon IQ to help boost your knowledge so you can correct the asshat trying to sell you that bottle of Two Stars. We debut a new segment called Bourbon Built which features Los Angeles entrepreneur Wen Yeh, who's bar neat. embraces the #DrinkCurious philosophy. Wen joins us as we taste some whiskeys from Lost Spirits and we'll just say...urine for a treat there (listen, you'll get the joke). Everything is wrapped up tidy with Bourbon Bullshit, where you'll find out who wins the award for what's pissing us off the most this month.

Bourbon Flavor Wheel & Tasting Mats

Makes the perfect Fathers' Day gift. Click, Download, and Give.
Image

As the most honest podcast in bourbon, we don't pull any punches and we tell it like we see it. If you've been searching for a bourbon podcast that provides honest reviews, to the point information, and doesn't take itself too seriously – welcome home!

 Here's a complete breakdown of Episode 10 – And the Award Goes To:

  • Whiskey News (7:37)
  • BourbonIQ (28:07)
  • Bourbon Built (42:14)
  • Lost Spirits Tasting (51:05)
  • Bourbon Bullshit (1:13:26)

Don't be that person that only listens to part of the show. We know where you live and we can be there faster than Cleveland Whiskey ages their spirits. We politely ask that you listen to the whole show, so you can be the one with all the info for your evening Zoom cocktail hour.

Are you ready? Pour yourself a drink, get comfortable, and listen to episode #10 using the player above or via your favorite podcast player.

Listen via your preferred podcast player

Listen to the Bourbon & Banter Podcast on Apple Podcasts
Listen to the Bourbon & Banter Podcast on Spotify
Listen to the Bourbon & Banter Podcast on iHeartRADIO
Listen to the Bourbon & Banter Podcast on Google Podcasts

We sure hope you enjoyed episode #10 of the official Bourbon & Banter podcast and that you'll consider sharing it with your friends. We'd love to hear what you think in the comments below or by sending us an email via our podcast email address.

Have a great weekend and remember to stay safe while you're spreading the bourbon gospel and learning to #drinkcurious.

Hey, wait a minute. You have listened to all of our previous episodes, right? If not, head on over to our Bourbon & Banter Podcast page to get caught up.

Podcast Editor / Sr. Contributor |

The fifteen months Bob Bennett spent living in Lebanon, KY, as a child may have laid the groundwork for what would happen years later (something in the water…literally). Originally from Corning, NY, he grew up in a household where happy hour was celebrated every night. Surprisingly, Bennett didn’t start drinking until he was 23 years old. He quickly made up for lost time, gravitating to bourbon as his preferred libation immediately, and proudly filled the bar that was passed down from his father. In the years that followed, not only did he develop a deeper appreciation for bourbon, but began to cherish the opportunity to talk about the spirit he has grown to love. As the Artistic Director for Jazz St. Louis, Bennett has become the unofficial bourbon ambassador of jazz, spreading the gospel of good taste to musicians everywhere. It also helps endear him to the St. Louis community, which is needed, as bleeding Dodger Blue tends to rub those Cardinal fans the wrong way.
Read Bob's full profile.

About the Author

Patrick "Pops" Garrett and Bob Bennett

Facebook Twitter