Bring Us All the Bourbon…and Biscuits – Bourbon & Banter Podcast #16 Header

Bring Us All the Bourbon…and Biscuits – Bourbon & Banter Podcast #16

In Podcast by Patrick "Pops" Garrett and Bob BennettLeave a Comment

The 16th episode of the Bourbon & Banter podcast – Bring Us All the Bourbon…and Biscuits - is now available, just in time for your July 4th weekend. Sit back, grab a pour, and join the most honest AND BIGGEST podcast in bourbon as we celebrate a decade of Bourbon & Banter.

Coming to you from the super-secret Kentucky headquarters of Bourbon & Banter, Pops and Bob are full of not just bourbon but biscuits too. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and let’s just say our beloved hosts embrace that. Listen in to find out how much they value their morning meal and get your tips on the best biscuits to be found in the greater Louisville area.

This month’s Whiskey News highlights recent research that announced a shocking revelation: liquor makes us more creative! Pops and Bob have been shining examples of this for years, but it’s always nice to see academia support what Bourbon and Banter have always known. The United States grew alcohol sales by 2% in 2020, proving once again that Ireland has nothing on American drinkers. An obscene dollar amount was recently spent on the ultimate Chinese tater whiskey, more than five times what experts expected. Pops shares news of Liquor Barn’s recent acquisition by Philadelphia-based Gopuff, which prompts Bob to envision cheesesteaks and whiskey on demand. New releases from Old Forester, A. Smith Bowman Distillery, and Chattanooga Whiskey are also on the way.

With their ears to the ground, the Bourbon & Banter investigative team uncovers a new development from Yankee Candle Company that gives whiskey nerds a new way to wax their bottles…and not cut their hands when opening them. Our friends at Stellum also unveil a new promo for the Louisville area that celebrates the whiskey’s name spelled backward. Mullett wearers can unite in July for a free pour from Stellum, be sure to check out the podcast to find out exactly how.

The craft shoot proves to be very interesting, as the boys take on a bourbon that’s grain to glass…from the desert! See how Frey Ranch straight rye whiskey fairs in the most challenging segment in bourbon podcasting.

Finally, the most honest segment of the most honest podcast in all of bourbon is ready and waiting for you to close out the episode. Bourbon Bullshit comes at you with the attitude and honesty you’ve come to expect from Bourbon & Banter. It seems that spirits competitions just won’t go away and now they’ve turned a new, ridiculous corner. Pops and Bob switch places for once and Pops teeters on the ledge as he talks about private picks being entered into competitions, AND WINNING, with credit going to the barrel group and not the distillery.

Celebrities also don’t seem to be taking cues from the bourbon community, as Scottie Pippen has taken all the money he’s saved from not tipping wait staff to launch his bourbon brand. Finally, keeping with the athletic theme the Olympics have announced that alcohol will be banned from this year’s games. So look for Pops and Bob just outside of Tokyo this summer with the Bourbon & Banter booze truck….

Bourbon Flavor Wheel & Tasting Mats

Makes the perfect Fathers' Day gift. Click, Download, and Give.
Image

As the most honest podcast in bourbon, we don't pull any punches and we tell it like we see it. If you've been searching for a bourbon podcast that provides honest commentary, to the point information, and doesn't take itself too seriously – welcome home!

Here's a complete breakdown of Episode 16 – Bring Us All the Bourbon…and Biscuits:

  • Whiskey News (9:00)
  • Craft Shoot (30:07)
  • Bourbon Bullshit (39:15)

Are you ready? Pour yourself a drink, get comfortable, and listen to episode #16 using the player above or via your favorite podcast player.

Warning: If you're not comfortable with cussing and swearing, you might want to skip this one folks. It's recorded at barrel strength with full-throttle banter.

Listen via your preferred podcast player

Listen to the Bourbon & Banter Podcast on Apple Podcasts
Listen to the Bourbon & Banter Podcast on Spotify
Listen to the Bourbon & Banter Podcast on iHeartRADIO
Listen to the Bourbon & Banter Podcast on Google Podcasts

We sure hope you enjoyed episode #16 of the official Bourbon & Banter podcast and that you'll consider sharing it with your friends. We'd love to hear what you think in the comments below or by sending us an email via our podcast email address.

Have a great weekend and remember to stay safe while you're spreading the bourbon gospel and learning to #drinkcurious.

Hey, wait a minute. You have listened to all of our previous episodes, right? If not, head on over to our Bourbon & Banter Podcast page to get caught up.

Podcast Editor / Sr. Contributor |

The fifteen months Bob Bennett spent living in Lebanon, KY, as a child may have laid the groundwork for what would happen years later (something in the water…literally). Originally from Corning, NY, he grew up in a household where happy hour was celebrated every night. Surprisingly, Bennett didn’t start drinking until he was 23 years old. He quickly made up for lost time, gravitating to bourbon as his preferred libation immediately, and proudly filled the bar that was passed down from his father. In the years that followed, not only did he develop a deeper appreciation for bourbon, but began to cherish the opportunity to talk about the spirit he has grown to love. As the Artistic Director for Jazz St. Louis, Bennett has become the unofficial bourbon ambassador of jazz, spreading the gospel of good taste to musicians everywhere. It also helps endear him to the St. Louis community, which is needed, as bleeding Dodger Blue tends to rub those Cardinal fans the wrong way.
Read Bob's full profile.

About the Author

Patrick "Pops" Garrett and Bob Bennett

Facebook Twitter