National Whiskey Sour Day 2013

Believe it or not some people require a good reason to have a drink on a Sunday. Today’s post is for those people. Tomorrow, Sunday, August 25th is National Whiskey Sour Day.

National Whiskey Sour Day Infographic

Believe it or not some people require a good reason to have a drink on a Sunday. Today’s post is for those people.

Tomorrow, Sunday, August 25th is National Whiskey Sour Day. It’s a day made to celebrate this iconic and steadfast classic which traces is origin back to the days when British Navy sailors in the 1700s would add lime juice to their rum to preserve the juice and keep the sailors safe from scurvy.

At its most basic, the Whisky Sour includes no more than three ingredients — bourbon, lemon juice, and simple sugar. (Four Roses Bourbon is obviously a good place to start when you want to experience how different bourbons affect the taste of a Whiskey Sour.)

Thanks to our friends over at Four Roses were kind enough to send us the Whiskey Sour graphic below.

We all know and love the classic Whiskey Sour but there are a tremendous amount of tasty various out there just waiting to be experienced.  What’s  your favorite variation of this classic? Sound off in the comments and share your favorite Whiskey Sour recipe.