This Little Piggy Drank Some Bourbon Header

This Little Piggy Drank Some Bourbon – Bourbon & Banter Podcast #20

In Podcast by Patrick "Pops" Garrett and Bob Bennett2 Comments

The 20th episode of the Bourbon & Banter podcast – This Little Piggy Drank Some Bourbon - is now available for your listening and drinking pleasure. Pops and Bob step away from the pumpkin pie, the pecan pie, the apple pie, the cherry…well, all the pies just long enough to deliver the most honest podcast in all of bourbon.

We give you an update on our single barrel club and our community thread of the month focuses on the continued ridiculousness of fathers-to-be wanting to coordinate their child’s birth with Blanton’s dump dates. We can’t make this stuff up folks. If you want to join the Bourbon & Banter community, where we eliminate all the bullshit from standard social media groups like crotch shots, be sure to check out our social media platforms for more information.

This month’s Whiskey News looks at whether or not the whiskey bubble is about to burst, based on a growing trend for new and rare bottlings garnering insane amounts of money. Is it sustainable? A lifetime distillery worker was relieved of his duties…after relieving himself on a cask of whiskey. We suspect it still tastes better than Cleveland Whiskey though. Diageo is making a big investment in single malt Chinese whiskey, and the EU tariffs on American whiskey have been relaxed, which we hope brings some relief to many craft distilleries who had planned to increase their export business before the tariffs were imposed.

Our new release spotlight looks at another moronic celebrity whiskey, one that’s aged “across the country.” Jack Daniel’s new Coy Hill High Proof Limited Release is one that we can get enough of, although we doubt we’ll ever see it. Castle & Key is launching a series of Restoration Rye single barrels, and Laws Whiskey House has announced a new cognac finished bourbon.

We wrap up the whiskey news with a very exciting sneak peek that’s coming from Michter’s. Our very own Steve Coomes’ fingerprints are all over a new project that the distillery is undertaking to combine two Kentucky staples: bourbon and country ham. Listen to find out what’s headed to your glass…and your table.

Episode #20 of the Bourbon & Banter Podcast is sponsored by our friends at KO Distilling. Be sure to check them out for some great craft whiskey.

The Craft Shoot is back just in time to make craft distilleries nervous. Will this month’s participant walk away with their head held high, or their tail between their legs?

We close Episode #20 with the most popular segment in all of bourbon podcasting: BOURBON BULLSHIT!

We’re all tired of misinformation and the bourbon world is no stranger to people who have no idea what the hell they’re talking about. Pops goes in on writers who are spreading that misinformation and self-proclaimed “experts” who don’t know the difference between bourbon and whiskey.

We then tackle one of the most frequent topics of misinformation: GIFT RECOMMENDATIONS. This is the time of year where you see gift lists and recommendations online and in magazines. They’re usually worthless to most of our readers and listeners, so we tackle the topic to give you real recommendations that we guarantee will guide you to successful gifting. Whether you’re shopping for an experienced bourbon drinker, a cocktail connoisseur, or a new drinker, we’ve got you covered.

Bourbon Flavor Wheel & Tasting Mats

Makes the perfect Fathers' Day gift. Click, Download, and Give.
Image

As the most honest podcast in bourbon, we don't pull any punches and we tell it like we see it. If you've been searching for a bourbon podcast that provides honest commentary, to the point information, and doesn't take itself too seriously – welcome home!

Here's a complete breakdown of Episode 20 – This Little Piggy Drank Some Bourbon:

  • Whiskey News (11:59)
  • Craft Shoot (44:51)
  • Bourbon Bullshit (51:39)

Are you ready? Pour yourself a drink, get comfortable, and listen to Episode 20 using the player above or via your favorite podcast player.

Warning: If you're not comfortable with unapologetic, independent thinking, plus a healthy dose of swearing, you might want to skip this one folks. It's recorded at barrel strength with full-throttle banter.

Listen via your preferred podcast player

Listen to the Bourbon & Banter Podcast on Apple Podcasts
Listen to the Bourbon & Banter Podcast on Spotify
Listen to the Bourbon & Banter Podcast on iHeartRADIO
Listen to the Bourbon & Banter Podcast on Google Podcasts

We sure hope you enjoyed episode #20 of the official Bourbon & Banter podcast and that you'll consider sharing it with your friends. We'd love to hear what you think in the comments below or by sending us an email via our podcast email address.

Have a great weekend and remember to stay safe while you're spreading the bourbon gospel and learning to #drinkcurious.

Hey, wait a minute. You have listened to all of our previous episodes, right? If not, head on over to our Bourbon & Banter Podcast page to get caught up.

Podcast Editor / Sr. Contributor |

The fifteen months Bob Bennett spent living in Lebanon, KY, as a child may have laid the groundwork for what would happen years later (something in the water…literally). Originally from Corning, NY, he grew up in a household where happy hour was celebrated every night. Surprisingly, Bennett didn’t start drinking until he was 23 years old. He quickly made up for lost time, gravitating to bourbon as his preferred libation immediately, and proudly filled the bar that was passed down from his father. In the years that followed, not only did he develop a deeper appreciation for bourbon, but began to cherish the opportunity to talk about the spirit he has grown to love. As the Artistic Director for Jazz St. Louis, Bennett has become the unofficial bourbon ambassador of jazz, spreading the gospel of good taste to musicians everywhere. It also helps endear him to the St. Louis community, which is needed, as bleeding Dodger Blue tends to rub those Cardinal fans the wrong way.
Read Bob's full profile.

About the Author

Patrick "Pops" Garrett and Bob Bennett

Facebook Twitter

  • Keshia Montandon says:

    I’m the manager of a liquor store in Sparta TN. I have had the highway bourbon by Brad Paisley and it was actually quite tasty. It retails at my store for 109. But it’s not worth that.

    • Keshia, thanks for sharing your thoughts on Brad Paisley’s recent release. Not surprised about your call regarding the cost at all. After sampling it, what would you compare it to taste wise and cost/value wise?