Everything Is Better On A Stick – Bourbon & Banter Podcast #17

The 17th episode of the Bourbon & Banter podcast – Everything Is Better On A Stick – is now available for your listening and drinking pleasure. Sit back, grab a pour, and join the most honest AND BIGGEST podcast in bourbon as we celebrate a decade of Bourbon & Banter.

Everything Is Better On A Stick – Bourbon & Banter Podcast #17 Header

The 17th episode of the Bourbon & Banter podcast – Everything Is Better On A Stick - is now available for your listening and drinking pleasure. Sit back, grab a pour, and join the most honest AND BIGGEST podcast in bourbon as we celebrate a decade of Bourbon & Banter.

Your hosts, full of bourbon, pie, cake, donuts, and all other baked goods, are back with their trademark brand of honesty and uncensored commentary. Pops shares how the Bourbon & Banter single barrel club continues to please palates, with our brand new Yellowstone pick hitting the shelf last month. Our member's community has shifted to a new Slack channel, so be sure to listen and find out how to join that community. You’ll get the first look at some of our commentary before it makes it to the podcast, like the recent “Infinity Barrel” rant we went on. You can also learn about our new online classes, your opportunity to experience America’s native spirit with Pops as a guiding light.

This month’s Whiskey News highlights more ridiculousness from our friends in South Africa. Another alcohol ban…YES, ANOTHER BAN! However, back home in the USA people are looking for more direct-to-consumer opportunities from the distilleries. This would put distilleries on the same footing as wineries and breweries have been for years. Let’s make the ridiculous road a little less ridiculous, shall we?

Angel’s Envy announced a distillery expansion that will double their guest capacity with an $8.2 million project, which looks to be incredible. Former NBA star and Olympian Scottie Pippen is in the news again. Pippen recently launched his own whiskey, definitely what EVERYONE has been waiting for. But now he’s renting out his place for one-night stays during the Olympics for $92 a night. Really? Scottie Pippen’s place is challenging the Red Roof Inn?

In the “Bourbon You’ll Never See on Your Shelf” category, Old Forester announced their 2021 Birthday Bourbon. If you run across a bottle and grab it, be sure to let us know how you allocate shelf space for the overly large base. Or just throw out that Willett Pot Still that your brother-in-law gave you and put it in its place. The fellas go down a rabbit hole with tasting notes on this one, and learn what a Linzer cookie is! Wyoming Whiskey announced Thunder Basin, their exclusive in-state release, and Limestone Branch has announced a new limited edition that should hit this summer.

Summertime means cookouts. Cookouts mean hot dogs. But we have uncovered a new take on the classic dog, more specifically, the corn dog. Heaven Hill’s Brand Ambassador Bernie Lubbers has been hard at work bringing his love of corn dogs and Mellow Corn Bottled-in-Bond corn whiskey together. This is an incredible development that we cannot wait to try because EVERYTHING IS BETTER ON A STICK!

We put a new twist on the craft shoot, taking a previously tasted whiskey that failed miserably and seeing whether or not Kelly Ramsey’s Art Eatables chocolate can save it. Have we found a way to finally make bad whiskey palatable? Listen to find out!

You’ve waited, you’ve been patient, and you are rewarded at the end of the podcast with the most highly-anticipated segment in all of bourbon podcasting…BOURBON BULLSHIT! Joe Rogan has nothing on us!

Our friends at Glencairn have released a pipette, which gave Bob an immediate headache. Last spring when Bob found out about the Norlan pipette he almost went into cardiac arrest. Fortunately, he didn’t have a repeat episode but he does have thoughts.  Flaviar’s social media ads set us off a bit, on the way to Pops’s current coronary-inducing topic: whiskey awards. A Texas distillery winning “Best Craft Distillery” boggles our minds…we just can’t figure that one out.

The awards ridiculousness finally brings us to the point where we have to do something…and the Bourbon Bullshit Awards are on their way! Stay tuned to our social channels for more info on these soon-to-be-legendary awards making their debut during  Bourbon Heritage Month in September.

As the most honest podcast in bourbon, we don't pull any punches and we tell it like we see it. If you've been searching for a bourbon podcast that provides honest commentary, to the point information, and doesn't take itself too seriously – welcome home!

Here's a complete breakdown of Episode 17 – Everything Is Better On A Stick:

  • Whiskey News (11:41)
  • Craft Shoot (41:05)
  • Bourbon Bullshit (49:19)

Are you ready? Pour yourself a drink, get comfortable, and listen to Episode 17 using the player above or via your favorite podcast player.

Warning: If you're not comfortable with cussing and swearing, you might want to skip this one folks. It's recorded at barrel strength with full-throttle banter.

We sure hope you enjoyed episode #17 of the official Bourbon & Banter podcast and that you'll consider sharing it with your friends. We'd love to hear what you think in the comments below or by sending us an email via our podcast email address.

Have a great weekend and remember to stay safe while you're spreading the bourbon gospel and learning to #drinkcurious.

Hey, wait a minute. You have listened to all of our previous episodes, right? If not, head on over to our Bourbon & Banter Podcast page to get caught up.