The fifteen months Bob Bennett spent living in Lebanon, KY, as a child may have laid the groundwork for what would happen years later (something in the water…literally). Originally from Corning, NY, he grew up in a household where happy hour was celebrated every night. Surprisingly, Bennett didn’t start drinking until he was 23 years old. He quickly made up for lost time, gravitating to bourbon as his preferred libation immediately, and proudly filled the bar that was passed down from his father. In the years that followed, not only did he develop a deeper appreciation for bourbon, but began to cherish the opportunity to talk about the spirit he has grown to love. As the Artistic Director for Jazz St. Louis, Bennett has become the unofficial bourbon ambassador of jazz, spreading the gospel of good taste to musicians everywhere. It also helps endear him to the St. Louis community, which is needed, as bleeding Dodger Blue tends to rub those Cardinal fans the wrong way.
Lived in two different cemeteries from the ages of six to twelve, due his father’s job as a director for the National Cemetery system.
Most notable person he’s shared bourbon with – Branford Marsalis.
Saxophonist who is known for playing the Big Man part in St. Louis’s Bruce Springsteen cover band Asbury Park.
Knew he wanted to marry his wife when she suggested a visit to the bourbon trail after they had been dating for six weeks.
Desert Island Whiskey
Four Roses Barrel Strength OESV, 6th tier
Wild Turkey Rare Breed
Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Barrel Proof
William Larue Weller
Four Roses Single Barrel
“I feel sorry for people who don’t drink because when they get up in the morning that’s as good as they’re going to feel for the rest of the day.” Frank Sinatra
Bob’s Recent Posts
- Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel 2020 Barrel Proof Rye Review
- Woodford Reserve’s “200 Flavors” Claim Challenged, Recount Underway
- Blackened American Whiskey Cask Strength Review
- Introducing Bardstown Bourbon Company’s Cornucopia Collaboration with Cleveland Whiskey
- Old Elk Wheated Bourbon Review
- Old Elk Blended Straight Bourbon Review
- Introducing Jefferson’s Ocean “Spray” Voyage
- Bourbon & Banter with Branford Marsalis
- Bourbon, Banter & Jazz with Sean Jones
- Barrell Dovetail Bourbon Review