We’re only two months into our fourth year, and things are busier than ever at Bourbon & Banter. We’ve launched a new website design, logo and tagline along with the addition of eight new guest contributors from our recent Help Wanted recruitment drive with more joining our ranks very soon.
Kentucky Fried Chicken asked us to partner with them on a post about a new product and we launched our first round of vintage label t-shirts in our online shop. And did I mention all of the amazing new content we’ve posted since February?
We hope you’ve enjoyed everything we’ve been creating these last few months and find it of value in some way. The team is incredibly proud of what we’ve accomplished, and we’re super excited about everything we’ve got planned for the rest of the year and leading up to our fifth anniversary next February.
So what does Bourbon & Banter have planned next?
We can’t give away many details, but we thought it would be a good time to update our About page with the following statement which outlines who we are and what we see as our mission.
It all started back in 2011 with one simple goal – to spread the Bourbon Gospel. And for the past several years we’ve had a hell of a time doing it. Through our shared love of America’s native spirit we’ve met new people, swapped stories and even starred in few of our own.
But, along the way, we realized we had stumbled into something far more interesting, and frankly more fulfilling, than whatever was in our glass at the time.
A remarkable kinship – born in bourbon, but cemented through genuine curiosity for the world of liquor and the resulting unfiltered conversations we call banter.
It’s a big reason we’re here today and the soul of what we’re planning for tomorrow.
We’ve got our sights on going beyond spreading the Bourbon Gospel. We’re looking to unite a band of curious drinkers, original thinkers and just downright candid folks over intoxicating conversation.
In renewing our commitment to unpretentious booze reviews, approachable content, and honest barstool talk, we’re creating a community fueled by personal passion and opinion unlike any other.
With a colorful cast of characters – from professional palates and cocktail connoisseurs to casual drinkers and bottom-shelf dwellers – our opinions may be varied but our mission singular: to help you drink curious.
Please, pull up a chair and let the banter begin.
It’s a lot of words, we know. But it does an excellent job of describing where Bourbon & Banter is heading and helps to differentiate us from other bourbon, whiskey and alcohol websites – or at least we hope it does.
In closing, let we offer up a few additional words of wisdom about Bourbon & Banter and our overall mission.
- We’re not experts. We’re passionate and dedicated, but our word should never be considered the ‘final’ word.
- It’s bourbon – not a matter of life and death. There’s no reason anyone should get up in arms over anything to do with bourbon and other liquor.
- Bourbon without friends isn’t worth drinking. It’s the people we’ve met, not what’s been in the glass, that keeps us going.
- Everyone’s opinion counts. This belief is the foundation of Bourbon & Banter’s future. The more people that are part of our community the smarter and stronger it becomes.
- Drink curious. It’s our tagline and our hope for everyone that visits our website. Go forth and drink with a genuine love of experiencing new things and new people. It’s the one journey that will never let you down.
Thank you for allowing us to ramble on for a bit. We hope you’ll remain with us as we continue to forge a unique online community that values those we meet along the way while experiencing new things in our glass.