Jim Knudsen has lived in every region of the United States, traveled the world, and always enjoyed spirits along the way. While he has sampled local spirits in 50 countries on 6 continents, he always comes home to bourbon. Jim is an accomplished global sales and marketing executive, with a degree in Physics from Michigan State University and an MBA from Baldwin-Wallace College. Growing up in Michigan, in a household rich with the experience of enjoying drink. He now lives in Georgia with his wife Karen, the love of his life, his personal editor, and style consultant. When not drinking bourbon he likes to golf, reading, and enjoys professional football and boxing. Actually, these are more often enjoyed while drinking bourbon. His four great kids, with families of their own, have blessed him with 6 grandchildren. While coming to bourbon late in life, he is working diligently to catch up.
Has crossed the Arctic Circle, Tropic of Cancer, Equator, Tropic of Capricorn, International Date Line, and the Prime Meridian.
Was named one of 25 Movers and Shakers in North America (2017).
Has consumed spirits on 6 continents.
Had a physical encounter with future hall of fame boxer Bernard Hopkins.
Named inventor on 5 US patents.
Worked as a lifeguard/swimming instructor in High School, the best job I will ever have.
Desert Island Whiskey
Elijah Craig Barrel Proof
Colonel E.H. Taylor Single Barrel Bourbon
Wild Turkey Rare Breed
Beefeater Gin (sorry Pops)
“I don’t drink anything stronger than pop, …fortunately, Pop will drink just about anything.”Jim Knudsen
Jim’s Recent Posts
- Loch & Union American Dry Gin Review
- Boone County Eighteen 33 Bourbon Review
- A Bourbon Spouse’s Point of View
- Bourbon Bunkers: Ideas For Storing Your Bourbon Collection
- Copper & Kings Distillery Tour
- Brookstone Iced Mule Mug Review
- 12 Foot Beard Jowl Bristle Whiskey Review
- Tap 357 Canadian Maple Rye Whisky Review
- Through the Looking Glass: Tommyrotter Bourbon Barrel Gin Review
- Seagram’s ‘Men Who Play Beyond Tomorrow’ Vintage Ads