The Bullshit Cometh – Bourbon & Banter Podcast #24

The 24th episode of the Bourbon & Banter podcast – The Bullshit Cometh – is now available for your listening and drinking pleasure. Having had a little time off, Pops and Bob return after being bombarded with bourbon bullshit over the last several weeks. So much so that this episode is dedicated spe

Episode 24 Header

The 24th episode of the Bourbon & Banter podcast – The Bullshit Cometh - is now available for your listening and drinking pleasure. Having had a little time off, Pops and Bob return after being bombarded with bourbon bullshit over the last several weeks. So much so that this episode is dedicated specifically to addressing all the crap that’s come across our desks since the last episode.

The Bourbon & Banter Single Barrel Club is moving towards a much broader base for shipping, and we’ve picked up some great news regarding upcoming barrels for the year, including a Knob Creek and Maker’s Private Select barrel, a Spirits of French Lick barrel, and a special blended barrel from Penelope in the fine state of New Jersey. Bob says he cannot confirm nor deny that a certain Rock-n-Roll Hall of Famer will join us on that pick, but it could make for some glory days down on E Street. We’re also getting very close to being able to ship nationwide.

The one news item we just had to include here is a partnership between Black Rifle Coffee Company and Heaven Hill that will yield a triple cask bourbon and a bourbon barrel-aged coffee that will make you an American hero just from drinking it.

The amount of BOURBON BULLSHIT that we’ve witnessed since our last episode is so massive that we’ve dedicated the majority of this episode to covering it. That’s right folks, we hit with the most honest segment of the most honest podcast in bourbon right up front and it carries us to the end.

We start with the news that Maryland’s Tobacco Barn Distillery is making bourbon at 700mph. A jet formerly part of the British Royal Navy is involved, which makes us wonder if this can even be called bourbon?

A recent TikTok post shared with Bob set him off when he saw a man say he could create a $100 bottle of bourbon by putting some wood in a bottom-shelf favorite.

Next up is the ridiculous new Infinity Bottle from Flaviar. $350 worth of bullshit is what we see, no matter how nifty the topper is on that ridiculous decanter. They include a “starter” for your bottle, made from 100 whiskies nobody wanted to drink to begin with. Pops and Bob had to lie down for a moment with they first saw this.

More spirits competitions have sprung up, adding fuel to the fire that we continually throw at these cash grabs.

We then hit the topic that was our thread of the month from the Bourbon & Banter Community. Four words are all that need to be said here: Fred Minnick Total Wine.

Want to join our awesome Bourbon & Banter Slack Community where we cut out all the bullshit like crotch shots, and requests for opinions after someone has already bought a bottle? Click here to register today!

As the most honest podcast in bourbon, we don't pull any punches and we tell it as we see it. If you've been searching for a bourbon podcast that provides honest commentary, to the point information, and doesn't take itself too seriously – welcome home!

We’d give you a breakdown of the episode, but folks, it’s ALL BOURBON BULLSHIT!

Are you ready? Pour yourself a drink, get comfortable, and listen to Episode 24 using the player above or via your favorite podcast player.

Warning: If you're not comfortable with unapologetic, independent thinking, plus a healthy dose of swearing, you might want to skip this one folks. It's recorded at barrel strength with full-throttle banter.

We sure hope you enjoyed episode #24 of the official Bourbon & Banter podcast and that you'll consider sharing it with your friends. We'd love to hear what you think in the comments below or by sending us an email via our podcast email address.

Have a great weekend and remember to stay safe while you're spreading the bourbon gospel and learning to #drinkcurious.

Hey, wait a minute. You have listened to all of our previous episodes, right? If not, head on over to our Bourbon & Banter Podcast page to get caught up.