Brent was born and raised in Indianapolis, IN. After graduating from the University of Kansas with a degree in Journalism, he moved back to Indy where he eventually resurrected his family’s brand of all beef kosher style hot dogs and opened a restaurant, King David Dogs, in downtown Indianapolis. When he’s not juggling the many duties of an entrepreneur, he can usually be found relaxing at home with his wife, their twin boys, and their two dogs. Brent is a member of the Bourbon Society of Indianapolis, a BBQ enthusiast, and a cigar aficionado. Three things that are even better when enjoyed together with good friends. If Brent is not talking about bourbon, he’s probably talking about sports, in particular NFL football and Kansas Jayhawks basketball. You can follow his blog, BBQ and Bourbon.
BBQ Pit Master
Was Fraternity Brothers with fellow B&B Sr. Contributor Brett Atlas
Once drank all of the bourbon on hand at an All Inclusive Resort in Jamaica. All of it. Not kidding. No more for anyone until the next day.
Burgeoning Tequila Expert
Can drink Pops under the table even though I’m at a bit of a size disadvantage.
Had a college girlfriend that would wet the bed when she got drunk on vodka. I haven’t touched the stuff since.
Desert Island Whiskey
Col. EH Taylor Barrel Proof
Any Barrel Pick of Eagle Rare
Any Barrel Pick of Four Roses Single Barrel
“If you can’t drink it, pour it on yourself”Norm Bilow, Epsilon Mu Chapter of ZBT at University of Kansas, August 1993
Brent’s Recent Posts
- Drinks By The Dram 12 Day Tequila & Mezcal Review
- Is Bourbon Broken? Part 4 – A Final Argument
- Is Bourbon Broken? Part 3 – The Distribution & Retail Problem
- Is Bourbon Broken? Part 2 – The Secondary Problem
- Is Bourbon Broken? Part 1 – The Consumer Problem
- Craft Jerky Company – Jerky of the Month Club Review
- Widow Jane 10 Year Old Bourbon Review
- Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskeys Review
- Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Robusto Review
- Old Weller Antique Private Barrel Pick Trip