A self-made whiskey drinker, Paul’s first foray into the world he now calls home began with a resolution he made to himself on his 25th birthday: Give America’s National Spirit an honest chance. A few months later, Bourbon had risen to the challenge and ignited a love affair that lasts to this day. In addition to being a husband, father-of-two, sports fan, and amateur woodworker, Paul’s interests now include Irish, Canadian, Japanese and Scotch whiskies as well. As a well-rounded whiskey-lover, he firmly believes that there is a whisk(e)y out there for everyone and for every occasion. A life-long educator, Paul loves the opportunity to learn and to teach as he explores the ever-changing world of whiskey. Fellow travelers who are willing to trade tasting notes with an open mind are always welcome on the journey!
Graduated with a Sociology of Education degree from the University of Connecticut where he was also Jonathan the Husky
Has been a teacher, or teacher-of-teachers since 2005.
Owns a small woodworking company based out of his home in Pearland, TX.
Loves to pair whisk(e)y with grilled food (wood, charcoal, and smoke when time allows; gas when it doesn’t).
Desert Island Whiskey
Bourbon: Jefferson’s Ocean Age
Rye: High West Rendezvous Rye
Single Malt: Oban 14
Blended Malt: Johnnie Walker Green
Irish: Red Breast 12
“Buy whiskey as if you’ll live forever. Drink and share it as if you’ll die today.” Paul Needham, drunk on a Google Hangout
Paul’s Recent Posts
- Sneaky Peat Whiskey Review
- Bourbon 101 – A Primer for Bourbon Novices
- Heaven’s Door Master Blenders’ Edition Redbreast Collaboration Review
- Wonderland Distilling Cask Strength Review
- The Dublin Liberties Copper Alley Review
- The Dublin Liberties Oak Devil Review
- BenRiach The Original Twelve Review
- Benriach The Smoky Twelve Review
- Benriach The Smoky Ten Review
- BenRiach The Original Ten Review